Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer

Sorry for the delay in updating the blog, been waiting for some good news to post! Since my last update I have gotten off the nausea meds as they stopped working and actually made it worse. I have continually been taking supplements from Mannetech and they seem to be the one thing that settles nausea. As for my physical status, I will see my local oncologist second week of July to know for sure, but everything seems to be progressing. My right side abdomen is hard as a rock, which is the enlarged liver, it pushes on my stomach and intestines and makes eating and digesting a meal an event. I still have the fluid on the heart, which is a real problem due to making it hard to breathe. Recently on vacation to the gulf coast-high humidity and 100 degree weather, made it a real chore to breathe easy and climbing stairs is an Olympic event!
The latest symptom is Edema, which is fluid retention. After being on my feet for a couple of hours my ankles swell up. It has gotten as bad as my feet, ankles, and legs below my knees have swelled a pretty good bit. I have also started taking the doctor prescribed pain meds to try and help. I had hoped to not be taking those but taking 1000mg of Motrin every 5 hours everyday is not good for the stomach. So you deal with the pain until you need some help. Fatigue has become a huge deal as I am a napper now, need at least 2 naps a day after burning some energy.
Still have not been successful at finding a new clinical trial. There are some treatments out there that are still being looked at, but most of that stuff is very expensive and experimental.
We continue to pray. I know God heals. Cancer at this stage is so much more a mental fight than a physical one, so we continue to do everything we can to stay upbeat.
Thank you for your prays...the fight continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment