Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May Health Update

As of this update I am at NIH/NCI in Bethesda, MD for the second time in 4 days, literally flying home to repack, do some chores and hang with the kids. My regular scheduled visit for testing has taken place. The liver cancer tumors are still advancing. The tumor in my brain has not advanced and the signs of hemorrhage have stopped to a point doctors feel good about. I am back for the second time to receive the PHP surgery as part of the phase 3 clinical trial I am in. So I have to have all the tests again and then right into surgery (4-6 hour ordeal) then recovery. This surgery is actually the only treatment showing progress for metastasized liver cancer, so I am hopeful given this disease has such a poor life expectancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment